1. Scope of Policy
This Policy applies to personal information that is in Autimist’s possession or that is under its control, including information that Autimist may exchange with a third party for storage or processing purposes. This Policy does not apply to Autimist’s employees or suppliers’ personal information.
Use of Autimist’s platform is subject to your compliance with this Policy. By accessing and using this platform, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this document. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not access or use the features of our platform. Please note that this Policy applies only to our platform and does not apply to platforms of third party companies or organizations to which our platform may be linked. Autimist does not endorse and is not responsible for these linked platforms. Your consent may be withdrawn at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions and provided that you give us reasonable notice. Please note that if you choose to withdraw your consent, Autimist may not be able to provide you with certain products or services.
3. Amendments to the Policy
We reserve our right to amend this Policy at any time. Any amendments made will appear on our platform. We therefore recommend that you review this Policy on a regular basis and keep a copy for your records.
We only collect personal information for which you have given clear, free and enlightened consent. Generally, we will seek your express consent at the time of the collection of personal information, unless we are otherwise required or permitted by the law. Your consent may also be implicit, for example, when you voluntarily provide us with personal information.
5. Collection of your personal information
Autimist only collects the personal information that is necessary for the purposes of establishing, managing and maintaining our relationship with you. For example, personal information may be collected when you create an account on the platform, fill an intake form, book an appointment, complete a transaction, subscribe to receive our newsletter or alerts, or submit questions, comments or suggestions, and may include, without limitation:
– General info: First name, last name, date of birth, email address, phone number, occupation, number of children living at home, number of autistic children living at
home, marital status, custody status, languages spoken at home, family stressors check, discipline method information and other comments
– Medical info: Family Psychiatry/Psychology History, medical conditions, medications used and prenatal/birth history
– Payment info (credit card)
– General info: First name, last name, nickname, date of birth, age, language understood, name of educational institution (contact person and email), special education received.
– Medical info: Primary care physician (name, phone, email), Past and current medical history (diagnosis and allergies), sleep disorder, interventions and evaluations by specialists, status on immunizations, Chronic or significant health problems, Hospitalization/surgeries, eating patterns, sleep patterns, history of past/ current
regular medications, vitamins and supplements.
– Therapy info: development history and early development milestones, communication skills, language concerns, behavioural concerns/attention, Motor Skills/ Muscle Tone/Coordination, play skills and interests, social development and skills, routine/self care (getting dressed, bathroom routine and eating habits), sensory concerns and other information related to skills, strengths, challenges and reinforcers.
– Personal info: first name, last name, email address, location (city and country)
– Professional info: profession, license number and coverage, credentials/titles, short biography, headshot, languages, services provided (description, duration and fees) and scheduling buffers, payment information (interac/paypal email)
Generally, we will obtain your personal information directly from you or your tutor. However, we may also collect personal information about you from external sources with your consent, or without your consent if the law so authorizes.
6. Cookies and tracking information
With most Internet browsers, it is possible to erase cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block the creation of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. In doing so, however, your use of our platform may be affected and you may no longer have access to all of its features. Please refer to the Ads Setting and Network Advertising Initiative platforms, and to your browser’s instructions or help section, to learn more about these functions.
7. Use of your personal information
We may use your personal information, notably, for the following purposes:
● to provide you with a user account and to identify you as a user of our platform, and as a customer, as applicable;
● to list practitioners in the list of providers patients can select from
● to connect patients and practitioners and share relevant information amongst each other for a successful therapy session
● to provide you with the product you purchased or the information you requested;
● to establish and maintain our business relationship with you;
● to improve our product and service offerings, including the use of this platform;
● to communicate with you when you submit questions, comments or suggestions;
● to provide you with information about our business, products and services that may be of interest to you;
● to create and maintain our customer accounts;
● to process payments and recover, if necessary, unpaid debts;
● to prevent errors and fraud; and
● to comply with our legal obligations.
We may also use your information to compile statistics. However, these statistics will not allow you to be identified. Your personal information shall not be collected or used for other purposes than those described above, except with your consent or as required or authorized by law.
8. Communication of your personal information
We recognize that, except in the cases and under the conditions described hereinafter, the disclosure of your personal information to a third party requires your consent. Access to your personal information within Autimist does not require your consent, but is strictly limited to the persons for whom the information is necessary for the performance of their functions and duties.
We may also share your personal information, without your consent, with agents, representatives, mandataries, consultants (including health care practitioners with whom you have a scheduled appointment on the platform), data processors, service providers and other parties for whom such information is necessary in the course of Autimist’s activities or to assist Autimist in the administration of our business relationship (assistance with promotions, provision of technical support, payment gateways, transaction processors, etc.). We will then take reasonable steps to ensure that your shared personal information is protected by them.
Please note that in the event that the third party to whom Autimist discloses your personal information is located in a foreign jurisdiction, local laws may otherwise allow access to your personal information by third parties without your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information without your consent if required or authorized by law.
Whenever Autimist can or must communicate your personal information, Autimist will endeavour not to communicate any more personal information than is necessary in the circumstances.
9. External links
Autimist applies security measures that are reasonable and appropriate in regard to the sensitivity of the personal information that we collect and use. Such measures are aimed at protecting your personal information against loss or theft, and the unauthorized consultation, disclosure, reproduction, use or modification thereof. These security measures are reviewed periodically, when need be. These security measures include physical, organizational and technological measures that are reasonable given the sensitivity of the information, the purposes for which it is to be used, the quantity and distribution of the information and the medium on which it is stored.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we have collected is accurate and complete. However, it is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your personal information which may occur during the course of our business relationship. We will, upon request, inform you of the existence, of the use and of the disclosure to third parties of your personal information, and give you access to said information.
12. Questions and access or rectification requests
Should you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or about the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, including requests for access or rectification, please contact :
Address: 974 Regent Avenue, Montreal (Québec) H4A 2P7
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to consult and obtain communication of your personal information contained in a file held by Autimist. You can also request that inaccurate, incomplete or equivocal information be rectified and that information held for reasons not justified by the purpose of the file be deleted.
Autimist will respond to every request for access or rectification within 30 days of receiving a written request to this effect. In the event that “Autimist” cannot provide access or rectify your personal information, it will provide you with the reasons for this impediment, subject to any restrictions provided by the law, and will inform you of any resources available.
This Policy was last updated on May 29, 2020